Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Magnetic polish! Essie Sssssexy and Magnetic Force Electro Midnight by Color Club

So for today's post I have some magnetic nail polish to show you. These are the first magnetic nail polishes I've ever gotten so I will show pictures and then review them, but since I have no other polishes to compare them to, my opinions about magnetic polishes are based on just these two polishes. Here is a picture of the polishes in the bottle.

Sorry that the picture is so dark, it's night and there's really bad lighting in my house so I couldn't get a better picture. The colors are actually pretty close to how they are in person. Essie Sssssexy is a metallic iron man red color, and Color Club Electro Midnight is a really silvery metallic blue. Magnetic polishes always look completely silver/metallic in the bottle but the actual polish is a lot brighter and ever more vibrant after top coat. First to show you is Essie Sssssexy which is part of their snakeskin magnetic collection.
                                                               

                                                                    In direct sunlight

in shade
and with flash
 
So if you noticed, Essie Sssssexy's bottle comes with the magnetic snakeskin print cap that can be removed. Unlike Color Club, the Essie polish doesn't have a small stand on the cap, that lets you hover the magnet over the polish without messing up the magnet effect. Along with that, I noticed that the Essie magnet cap wasn't very strong at all! In fact... I couldn't even use it on my nails! The wavy magnetic effect came from the cap of the Color Club polish. The snakeskin effect Essie promises looks so beautiful, but it didn't work for me at all! I think it might work for someone with short nails, because I noticed that only the middle of the magnet was actually strong enough to create the snakeskin effect. So, what I was left with was this messy looking manicure with snakeskin pattern in only the middle of my nails. Huge bummer. I will review the Color Club Polish and talk more about the Essie polish in tomorrow's post. 
Did you like Essie magnetic polish? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment