Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Essie Peach Daiquiri, No More Film, Madison Ave- Hue, and Avenue Maintain swatches and review

Hello readers!
So today I'm going to swatch and review some Essie polish that I've recently picked up. I also purchased a shade from their new summer 2013 collection, and will do swatches of that soon.

So first to swatch is Essie Peach Daiquiri. Essie Peach Daiquiri is a really bright pink that can look coral in some lighting. It's a really beautiful shade for summer and has good formula. This polish is easy to work with, it's opaque in two coats and dries fast and glossy. Pictures show no topcoat.




Essie No More Film- A deep inky violet with blue undertones. This is the best formula I've ever worked with from an Essie polish. The formula was smooth, creamy, and opaque in one thicker coat. It dried really fast and very glossy, and is a very elegant shade and a great alternative to a plain black polish. Pictures show no topcoat.





Essie Madison Ave-Hue- A pretty magenta polish with subtle silver shimmer. Although I love the magenta shade of this polish, the silver shimmer is not noticeable once you paint it on, and it looks as if the polish is dirty or had mistakes in the application. Bummer, but it's still a very pretty and summery color. This polish is opaque in two coats and dries average, and glossy. Pictures show no topcoat.



Here's a pic of the silver shimmer in the polish, it looks a lot better in the bottle than on the actual nail.

Essie Avenue Maintain- A medium sky blue. I apologize for the bubbling in the pictures! My base coat is getting gloppy and it caused it to bubble which showed through when I applied the polish. I'll post a pic of when I did a gradient with the same polish so that you can get an idea of what it looks like when it's smooth. This polish is opaque in two thin coats, it dries fast, but not as glossy so I've applied topcoat.



Here is a picture of a past manicure I've done using Essie Avenue Maintain, you can really get an idea of what a pretty polish it is when i'ts smooth!

I'll soon post a swatch and review of one of the shades from Essie's new summer 2013 collection. What do you think of these polishes? Have you tried these shades before? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment